streams

streams

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Consecrated to the Lord

"Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord." (Luke 2:23 NIV)

Moses’ mother put him in a basket and entrusted him to God. Hannah dedicated her son Samuel to the service of the the Lord. Mary and Joseph took Jesus to the temple and consecrated him to the Father. These parents were not merely following the religious customs of their day. Their actions reveal a great deal of trust, commitment, and devotion.

When children are little, many Christian parents take them to church for some sort of dedication ceremony. However, I think it’s a good idea to consecrate your children to the Lord on a daily basis.
Perhaps, like me, you have concerns about your children. Maybe you are desperate and don’t know what to do. Put them in a basket and let the river of the Holy Spirit carry them to the Father.

Lord, I consecrate my son to you today. Thank you for giving him to me. Now, I give him back to You. Let me know what you need from me. Show me when to step in and when to step back. Holy Spirit take over. I trust You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment