streams

streams

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hands Full

“Don’t let me be so rich that I don’t need you or so poor that I have to resort to dishonesty just to make ends meet. Then life will never detract from bringing glory to your name.” (Proverbs 30:8 TPT)

I always appreciate it when someone opens a door for me, especially if my hands are full. It doesn’t make a difference whether my hands are overloaded with groceries or I’m carrying a sick child. In either case, I can use some help. 

Similarly, I’m grateful to those who pray for me when I can’t pray for myself. Prayer gives access to God’s presence, but it’s more difficult to seek God when we feel overwhelmed. Both abundance and pain can detract us from pursuing God’s glory. It is neither on mountain peaks nor in deep canyons, but in the plateaus of life that we have the serenity to commune with God. Whenever there is a lull in our lives, we have the opportunity to lend a hand, to lift others up. This is the ideal time to pray--to open the door for others so they,  too, can access God.

No comments:

Post a Comment