streams

streams

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Intangible Confirmation

“Faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things (we) hope for, being the proof of things (we) do not see and the conviction of their reality (faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses).” (Hebrews 11:1 AMP)

These days, e-tickets are the norm for flights. After I purchase a ticket, I arrive at the airport with nothing more than a barcode on my smartphone expecting to get on my assigned flight. At first, I was nervous about not having a tangible paper ticket, boarding pass, or printout to confirm flight numbers, times, seats, etc. However, after several years without incident, I have learned I can count on this system. 

Faith is the assurance that our God is dependable. It is the confirmation that what we hope for is already in process, even though we can’t sense it. It enables us to feel secure while we wait. We don’t know the timing, nor are we certain that everything will work out exactly according to our desires. Yet, the more we experience God, the more we realize that He is trustworthy. Faith allows us to put our confidence in God, even before we have any tangible evidence to support our convictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment