streams

streams

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Steering the Raft

“When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.” (Isaiah 43:2 NLT)

The one and only time I went white-water rafting was in Colorado. A group of us got on an inflatable raft with a trained guide. Our job was to hold on while the guide did all the steering. He maneuvered us through the rocks, waves, and drops, while I kept my eyes closed and screamed in terror. I was relieved when we finally reached the end.

Jesus has been steering me through the waves of my ever-changing life. He remains with me in every struggle. He guides me. He cares for me. When I go through rough waters without a paddle, He is still in control. When I am deeply troubled, I cling to Him tightly. Even though I am fearful of all the twists, turns, and drops, I trust Him to carry me through to the end. For the Lord continues to be my hope, my refuge, and my rescuer.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment