streams

streams

Monday, January 1, 2018

Different Chargers

“God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.” (1 Corinthians 12:6 NLT)

My old phone used a standard charging tip that was common to many devices. With multiple chargers available everywhere--next to my chair, next to my bed, next to the kitchen, in my car--it was easy to recharge my phone. My new phone has a different type of charger. I can no longer use the old cables. This has been frustrating. The source of electricity has always been the same. Why can’t manufacturers just make phones with the same kind of ports and chargers?

Every few years, I find myself in a similar quandary with the Lord. God remains the source of everything, but the way I connect with Him changes with each new phase of life. At different times--church and other forms of corporate worship, volunteer service, small groups, books, audio sermons, songs, private prayer, contemplation, Bible study, being in nature, talking to other followers of Christ, writing, etc. have all been ways that enable me to feel connected to God. However, as I age, I change. Thus, every few years, I have learned to try new things and adapt to new ways of recharging my relationship with God.  

“If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.” (Jeremiah 29:13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment