streams

streams

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Observing Patterns

“For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me.” (Luke 1:49 NLT

Even domesticated cats that are fed by humans still like to hunt birds and rodents. A cat will play with its prey before delivering the final blow. This play is part of its predatory instinct. Similarly, a deceiver will exploit people even when there is nothing to gain. It’s just part of his manipulative nature. Dogs are known for their faithfulness. They protect and serve their owners, even when it is dangerous to do so. Likewise, a dependable friend will be consistently available in good times and bad. Habitual actions reveal true nature. Patterns of past behavior should clue us in on what to expect in the future.

Every day, I take time to remind myself of what God has done for me. He has been available, dependable, faithful, forgiving. He has revealed truth, teaching me with patience. My Lord has been a constant presence, even in times of trouble. He has rescued me from the pit of despair. He has rebuilt me over and over each time I break down. Every blessing in my life can  be traced back to Him. All this overwhelming evidence shows me what to expect from God. My Lord is trustworthy, powerful, and consistent. I can rest confidently in His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment