streams

streams

Friday, January 18, 2019

Choosing Mantras

“Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.” (Philippians 4:13 MSG)

A mantra is a word or phrase that is repeated frequently to shape your mindset. Runners often use positive mantras to motivate themselves. They repeat phrases like: I am fierce. I am strong. I can do this. They rely on their own strength and willpower to get through the difficult situation.

I’ve tried several of the above mentioned mantras during marathons. They provide me with a certain amount of distraction, but not necessarily motivation. Deep down, I realize that I can only go so far on my own tenacity. However, I also know that I have access to a higher power. I remind myself that I can make it through anything with God’s help. Thus, I repeat the following mantra to myself through every challenging situation:
I can do this.... through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment