streams

streams

Friday, January 11, 2019

Uncertain Times

“By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.” (Hebrews 11:8 NIV)
There are days when I am filled with uncertainty. What should I do? How am I going to manage? Why are things the way they are? Where am I going to end up? Not knowing makes me feel anxious and vulnerable.  
Abraham was called to leave his comfort zone and go to a new place. Even though he did not know where to go, how to get there, why he had to leave, or what to expect--Abraham stepped out in faith. He trusted that God was dependable. He was confident in God’s care.
Like Abraham, I want to respond to every uncertainty with faith:
I am uncertain about the future, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about health, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about my loved ones, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about finances, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about my judgment, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about my abilities, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about life choices, but I am certain in God.
I am uncertain about this world, but I am certain in God.


No comments:

Post a Comment