streams

streams

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Forwarded

“Turn your burdens over to the LORD, and he will take care of you.” (Psalm 55:22 GWT)

I was having some issues getting a visa to a foreign country. Thus, I wrote a long email to the agency explaining why I couldn’t provide all the necessary documents. I got a quick but short reply: “Your email has been forwarded to the supervisor.” That was it. Nothing about what I needed to do next or when I would get answers. I felt a bit dejected. I didn’t get any response for weeks. Then, one day, the visa appeared unexpectedly at my doorstep through a delivery person. Even as I signed for it, I couldn’t believe it had come through.  

We all face issues that we cannot handle on our own: failed relationships, health problems, finances, anxieties, fears, disappointments, dangers, weaknesses, addictions, evil. Most of us struggle to find answers--for ourselves and for those who come to us with their problems. What if we admitted that we are powerless and forwarded every issue to God, immediately? Trust enables us to turn over all our burdens to Him. Faith knows that He will take care of us. Hope waits in anticipation for God’s perfect timing.

F--Forward
A--All
I--Issues
T--To
H--HIM

No comments:

Post a Comment