streams

streams

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Cleansing Tide

“Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.” (Psalm 51:2 NIV)

During our last vacation to a coastal resort, I ran on the the beach every morning. After my run, I thought of sitting down and watching the waves for a bit. However, the beach chairs were far away from the waves and covered in bird poop. I walked down to the edge of the water, took my shoes off, and let the waves wash over my feet.  This part of the beach was much cleaner since everything was being constantly cleansed by the tide.

God’s grace cleanses us steadily like ocean waves on a beach. The farther away we stand, the more we are covered in sin.  The closer we get, the more forgiveness we experience. We must come to the edge, leaving behind spiritual dryness, willing to be soaked in God’s love. Let us take off our shoes and walk in holiness, allowing God to wash away our iniquities and cleanse us from our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment