streams

streams

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Joy List

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 NIV)
At the beginning of 2018, I made a list of 18 things I thought would give me joy. Many of the resolutions centered around self-care, experiencing new things, and achieving new levels of growth. I managed to do all the things on my list at least once. Some of them made me feel better about myself; others brought temporary pleasure and satisfaction; however, I can’t honestly say that anything on my list led to sustainable joy.  
For 2019, I am going to attempt something slightly different. Although I will continue to pursue self-care, new encounters, and personal growth, I would like to focus more on inwardness, for caring for my soul. I suspect this quest will be hard to quantify or check off on a list. As usual, my writing will reflect whatever I am learning at the moment.
As we start this new year, my prayer for all of you and for myself is the same: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment