streams

streams

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Soldier Down

“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’” (Isaiah 6:8 ESV)

Desmond Doss was a combat medic during World War II. Because of his religious beliefs, he refused to carry any weapons or kill anyone. At first, this made him unpopular with his fellow soldiers. However, Doss earned a Medal of Honor for aiding 75 wounded soldiers during the Battle of Okinawa. In the midst of heavy fire, he ministered to each of them, and carried them one by one to safety.

As Christ followers, we shall all face the Enemy at some time. The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is our commander. Many are called to be soldiers on the front lines of battle, but a few are called to be medics who minister to those who are wounded. When a soldier is down, the Lord asks: Who will go for us? Who will be an agent of My compassion and care? Who will minister to those who are hurting? Who will lift them up and carry them back to Me?

“Then I said, ‘Here I am! Send me.’” (Isaiah 6:8 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment