streams

streams

Monday, January 14, 2019

The Road of Right Living

“Please help me learn to do the right thing.” (Psalm 101:2 CEV)
Have you ever driven down an unfamiliar road and had the gut feeling that you were going the wrong way? You can’t explain how you know, but something just feels off. What do you do? Do you ignore your instincts and hope for the best? Or do you pull over to the side, consult your map, and reevaluate your route?
Do you ever sense that you may have taken a wrong turn and exited off the road of right living? What do you do? Do you ignore your instincts and just follow others, hoping it will all turn out okay? Or do you take time to contemplate and reevaluate your life choices?
I like to think of myself as more rational than emotional; so, I try to figure out what is causing my uneasiness. I look for signs that either confirm or contradict my gut feelings. If I notice that others before me on this path have slipped into ditches, I turn around. If the road signs point to a different destination than where I need to go, I turn around. I take time to contemplate and learn. I ask God for guidance. I pray that He will keep me on the path of right living and redirect me when I take the wrong path. I listen carefully to the insights He provides. I know the Lord will direct me on the road of right living.


No comments:

Post a Comment