streams

streams

Monday, January 21, 2019

Growing Prayer

“And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.” (1 John 5:14)


Lord, I have spent years praying for a comfortable life for me and my loved ones. I was taught to value self-reliance, prosperity, and success--so I sought Your help to meet these societal expectations. Deep down, I know that Your values are not the same as what the world values. Yet, I still crave health, safety, happiness, pleasure, and control--a life apart from dependence on You. This does nothing to glorify You.


Jesus, I want a mature relationship with You, and I want my loved ones to also have the fullness of love and power that comes from You. Thus, here is my new grown-up prayer:

I ask that you come into our weakness, our pain, our inadequacies and reveal Yourself in ways that we can comprehend. Be the light in our darkness. Infuse us with Your Spirit. Help each of us to know You, love You, and devote our lives to You. May our lives be like magnifying lenses that reveal You in detail. Let others see Your glory through us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment