streams

streams

Friday, January 22, 2021

Advance Team


“You know every step I will take before my journey even begins. You’ve gone into my future to prepare the way, and in kindness you follow behind me to spare me from the harm of my past.” (Psalm 139:5 TPT)

Politicians usually have an ‘advance team’ that goes ahead of them to each location they are about to visit. This ensures that everything is prepared before the politician arrives--security, publicity, scheduling, etc. Politicians are also known to have ‘fixers’ who clean up their mistakes and manage crises. These advisors guide and protect their clients. They stay behind the scenes, but they direct every move. 

Regular folks do not have these luxuries. We have to plan our own journeys, even when we don’t know what to expect. If we make mistakes, we have to clean up the mishaps ourselves. No wonder we are tentative about letting go of our past and moving forward!

What if we believed in a God who knew every step before we did? 

Scripture assures us that we have a God who goes into our future to prepare the way, who follows behind us and spares us from the harm of the past. The Lord of hosts is our advance team and our crisis manager. He protects us on all sides. We must trust this God to guide us--to direct our every move. Only then will we be able to confidently let go of all that holds us back and boldly move forward in wonder and strength!

With your hand of love upon my life, you impart a blessing to me. This is just too wonderful, deep, and incomprehensible! Your understanding of me brings me wonder and strength. (Psalm 139:5-6 TPT)


No comments:

Post a Comment