streams

streams

Friday, January 1, 2021

Fragmented Faith


“May you never reject me! May you never take from me your sacred Spirit!” (Psalm 51:11 TPT)

I started this blog on January 1st, 2012. For the last nine years, I have been sharing my thoughts through this medium. Even though sorting through my disordered thoughts in public has been uncomfortable, I have continued the practice for several reasons. Writing out my thoughts helps me process. Consistently posting my ruminations keeps me disciplined. I am not sure if my writing has improved over the years, but the nooks and corners of my mind have fewer cobwebs. 

My attempts at making sense of the intricacies of life are often messy. I am unable to come up with neat solutions to complex problems in a few paragraphs. I often feel like I am trying to put a pretty bow on a package, but my ribbon is too short. My fragments of faith are insufficient to wrap around the immensity of understanding God. Yet, I gather up the bits and pieces--a musing here, an insight there. I put my sloppily wrapped presents out there. I share my vulnerability in the hopes of helping someone else out there. 

Lord, bridge the gap in my fragmented faith. Help me to grow in wisdom and understanding. I am grateful for Your continual supply of teaching. If and when You want me to stop this project, let me know clearly. Keep me secure in Your presence. May you never reject me! May you never take from me your sacred Spirit!

 


2 comments:

  1. Have an insightful 2021 as 2020 is officially in the past. Thank you for all the times throughout the last few years you have made a difference because of your bravery to express your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete