streams

streams

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Word into Action


“Put the word into action. If you think hearing is what matters most, you are going to find you have been deceived.” (James 1:22 VOICE)

 A politician from Florida is known for frequently tweeting scripture verses. A recent response from one of his followers garnered much attention: 

“I challenge you to list three ACTIONS you have taken each day that are actually Christ-like.” (Asha Rangappa) 

This tweet gave me pause. I, too, like quoting scripture verses. I find them inspiring, comforting, and empowering. It is also comparatively painless. It takes way more thought and effort to actually take actions that are Christ-like. I have decided to incorporate the above challenge into my evening meditation. Before I drift off to sleep, I ask myself: “What actions have I taken today that are actually Christ-like?”

What kind of actions did Jesus take during His lifetime? He trusted God. He prayed. He thanked God for everything. He listened. He noticed. He showed interest in those who were considered outcasts. He fed the hungry, spoke up against religious hypocrisy, and healed the sick. He was comforting, compassionate, and forgiving. He revealed Truth. He taught those who wanted to learn. Jesus made God accessible to everyone.  

I challenge you to join me--to intentionally take at least one action each day that is actually Christ-like.


No comments:

Post a Comment