streams

streams

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Awaken My Spirit


“When the light shines, it exposes even the dark and shadowy things and turns them into pure reflections of light. This is why they sing: Awake, you sleeper! Rise from your grave, and the Anointed One will shine on you.” (Ephesians 5:14 VOICE)

My bedroom windows have blackout curtains to prevent the morning light from waking me up before I am ready to get up. Most days, even after I am up, I don’t bother to open these curtains. Why?

Habit: I have grown accustomed to the low light.

Comfort: The natural light can feel glaring at times.

Laziness: I can’t be bothered to open the curtains in the morning and close them back again in the evening. It’s easier to turn the light switches on and off as needed. 

 

I have noticed a similar reluctance in my soul. I sense the Spirit of God is dormant within me, yet I am not in any big hurry to let the light in. A combination of habit, comfort, and laziness lulls me into remaining groggy. When the light shines, it exposes dark and shadowy things. This can be uncomfortable. I am accustomed to living in low light and am too lazy to change. 

 

The light of God is shining. It is time for the dormant Spirit within me to awaken. All I have to do is remove the barriers, rise, and receive. As my soul absorbs the anointing, every shadow within me shall be turned into a pure reflection of light.


No comments:

Post a Comment