streams

streams

Friday, December 3, 2021

The Fragrance of God


“God always makes his grace visible in Christ, who includes us as partners of his endless triumph. Through our yielded lives he spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere we go.” (2 Corinthians 2:14 TPT)

God’s grace is made visible in Christ, who includes me as a partner in this mystical expression. A process of transformation is necessary before my human nature yields to the Divine. This metamorphosis is not simple. My default setting prods me to seek dominance over every situation. Any form of surrender feels dangerous and wimpy. Perhaps I need to sink deeper in Christ?

"An experience of a deeper love entanglement absorbs all our negativity and nameless dread of life and the future. Paul’s code phrase for this positive, realigned place is en Cristo (in Christ), which is to live by choice and embodiment within the force field (“Mind”) of the Risen Christ." (Richard Rohr)

 

Although Christ is within me, I do not live every minute of every day in awareness of God's presence. When I am anxious, in dread of life and the future, pessimistic, negative--awareness of God is minimal. My mind is not in Christ. Even though I am miserable at that moment, I remain petty, grumpy, resentful, and self-centered. Why? Perhaps it is habitual. Perhaps it feels familiar and within my control.

 

An experience of deeper love entanglement with God absorbs all of this yuck. But I would have to operate from a different center...In Christ. This choice, to put my body and mind within the sphere of influence of Christ, requires yielding to a Higher Force. This realignment is not easy. Remaining in this state of receptivity while living in this world takes supernatural grace. I have access to this grace in Christ. Through my yielded life, the fragrance of God can be spread. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment