streams

streams

Friday, December 10, 2021

The Next Thought


“Watch where you’re going! Stick to the path of truth.” (Proverbs 4:26 TPT)

Yesterday I woke up thinking about bread. That thought led to rearranging my schedule so I could make time for baking. Then I spent some time thinking about what kind of bread I wanted to make, looking up recipes, and doing an inventory of the ingredients I had in my pantry. Finally, all these thoughts led to the actual action of making bread. 

Today I woke up thinking about how tired I am. That thought led to self-pity about all the chores I had to do. That thought turned into feelings of laziness which induced self-loathing. All these thoughts brought me down, and the result was hours of restless moping.

Thoughts direct your steps. The next thought you have determines your direction. The right thought allows you to move in the right path. The wrong thought turns you around to face the wrong way. Watch where your mind is going. Stick to the path of truth. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment