streams

streams

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Smooth Roads

“The valleys will be filled, and the mountains and hills made level. The curves will be straightened, and the rough places made smooth.” (Luke 3:5 NLT)

As I go out into the world and navigate all the obstacles that are in my way, I imagine God smoothing out difficulties. When I hit a bump or a pothole as I speed through my plans and goals, I’m a bit annoyed. Why hasn’t God kept His promise to level the hills and fill in the valleys? Am I on the wrong road? 

“I will walk the blind by an unknown way and guide them on paths they’ve never traveled. I will smooth their difficult road and make their dark mysteries bright with light. These are things I will do for them, for I will never abandon my beloved ones.” (Isaiah 42:16 TPT)

The road that is being cleared is not into worldly success. The difficult path that is smoothed is an access way to God. All this time, I have been confused and lost. The Lord promised to guide me on unknown paths toward HIS purpose. He smooths the difficult road and makes dark mysteries bright with light. He helps me experience His loving presence and peace. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment