streams

streams

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

PraiseBook

I rarely post anything on Facebook, except pictures of my dog. It’s too public. I prefer to share my life and thoughts with only my real friends.

I wish we could have a PraiseBook instead of Facebook, where everyone daily updates what they want to praise God about!

“Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things HE does.
Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise!
Recognize the Lord;
recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong.
Give to the Lord the glory he deserves!” (Ps. 96:3-4, 7-8 NLT)

First, we must recognize the Lord’s maneuvering in our day. Next, we must acknowledge God’s power by giving HIM glory instead of using every opportunity as a platform for self-promotion and self-validation.

If there were a PraiseBook, I would have so much to post. I would have to limit myself, or else people would get sick of hearing about all the great things the Lord has done. Just in the last 24 hrs, here are some of the glorious ways that God has managed my life: He has kept me and my family alive and safe, answered prayer, given me insights, nudged me to apologize for things I’ve said, reminded me to be patient, shown me marvelous things in nature…

What amazing things has God orchestrated in your life lately?

(I'm actually thinking about creating a PraiseBook group within Facebook. If you'd like to be invited, let me know. It will be a secret group, so no one outside the group will be able to see any of your posts)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started this -- a good idea! However, I think public Facebook is a good place to praise God, in addition. Putting our light out, and not under a safe bushel, testifies to God in our lives. Yet, we shouldn't undermine that with some of the things we post! But, I think we can use all things judiciously and wisely and proclaim Him wherever we are.
    But, I do feel awkward proclaiming all publicly, so this is good for a Christian group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm not sure if PraiseBook should stay private or not. There are a few people who are strongly against FB but were willing to join PB only if it was private. FB has become too big and impersonal. Plus, there are many who would just role their eyes at this. Plus sometimes people might not want to share their spiritual side with their employers, clients or students etc.

    Having said all this, I hope PB will become open some day.

    ReplyDelete