streams

streams

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Smartphones

I’ve had a smartphone for about 2 years now. At first, I missed my old, simple, clam-shell phone. For one thing, it didn’t act like it was smarter than me, and it was small enough to fit into any pocket. It took me months to get used to my large smartphone with its touch-screen, internet, built in GPS, and all the other apps. I used to make calls and occasionally check email, but refused to be a smartphone addict and wait outside buildings with the smokers, trying to get reception. I used my phone minimally.

That is, until I discovered this new app called “Myfitnesspal”. This amazing app lets you scan barcodes of foods and keeps track of calories, fat, protein, and weight. Or you can just put in the ingredients of whatever you are cooking, and it adds it all up and remembers that meal for the future. I wish someone had told me about this months ago. I can’t believe I had access to this all along, but never used it. Now I’m hooked on my smartphone.

There are aspects of my faith that I don’t use fully. I have access to the Holy Spirit and all His power and wisdom. However, He doesn’t fit into my pocket easily. Plus, I have to acknowledge that He is smarter than me. So I’m reluctant to be dependent on the Holy Spirit. However, I suspect that one of these days, I will discover something new as I continue exploring my faith. And then I will wonder how I got along all this time without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment