streams

streams

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mom-Cave

My husband has a man-cave, a private space of his own. My teenage son has taken over the basement as his private retreat. I, on the other hand, have a desk and a chair in the living room. This is my choice. As long as everyone is asleep in the morning, I have time and space to myself. However, I’m available as soon as my family is awake.

Some mornings, I don’t have time to calibrate my soul to God. When I fail to center myself, I end up off-center for the rest of the day. I have this uneasy feeling that I’m walking around in a fog, tripping over obstacles, unaware of dangers.

I hear a whisper, “Retreat… Come back to me.”

I respond, “Later… I’ve got things to do now.”

I need a mom-cave, a private place of retreat. So far, I’ve managed to carve out time for prayer, reflection, and writing. Now I need to carve out a private space where I make myself available to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment