streams

streams

Friday, January 11, 2013

Battle Training

I usually don’t pay much attention to Bible verses about war and fighting. I’m a pacifist, so it is difficult to relate to battle stories. Yet, the following verse resonated with me.

“He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.” (Ps.144:1 NLT)

It reminded me of Obi-Wan Kenobi, a character from the Star Wars movies. He is a Jedi master who trains others in battle techniques and then fights alongside them when needed.

My battles are fought mostly in my mind. I struggle with fear, anxiety, distraction, vulnerability, impatience, indecisiveness, and lethargy. I have a Personal Trainer, a Master Warrior, who shows me how to grapple with these weaknesses. I just have to listen and obey. Not only does He train me in combat techniques, He also fights alongside me in every battle.

However, my personal battles are just a small part of a bigger war. Resisting the evil within me builds strength. Conquering my weaknesses hones my skills. I’m being trained to fight the Enemy alongside the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment