streams

streams

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Safety Net

Many details can fall through the cracks created by daily stress. Sometimes, I drop the ball. I get distracted, flustered, tired, and forget to do something important. I’m blessed to have picker-uppers in my life. Most days, it’s my husband who fills this role. He always reminds me to take my vitamins, drives whenever we are together, and tucks my cell phone into my purse when he sees it lying around the house. I also have friends who remind me to pick up my shopping bags, tell me when I’m wearing unbecoming clothes, and point out when I’m obsessing over things. 

Have you ever watched an acrobat at a circus? It’s exciting to watch their daring leaps and flips. As they fly through the air, the spotlight shines on them. Unless they fall, we never notice the safety net below them, because it is kept in the dark. Similarly, it is easy take the person who provides us with a safety net for granted. The world focuses on the daring feats we accomplish. The safety net that allows us to confidently make leaps and take risks is often overlooked.

I’m grateful to have a person in my life that I can count on to be my picker-upper and safety net. He’s got my back. He picks up the pieces that I accidentally drop. When I slip up, he cushions my fall. I’m also blessed with good friends who watch out for me. They fill in when I’m tired; they pay attention when I’m distracted; they stay calm when I’m flustered. God has meshed several individuals together, and He works through them to provide me with a safety net.

No comments:

Post a Comment