streams

streams

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Every year, I make several resolutions to improve myself. Unfortunately, most of these fall by the wayside in a few months. Yet I can’t give up on this annual tradition.

A new year is like starting a new book. It may be true that you don’t finish reading every book you start. But for every ten books you start, you may finish one. So I make several resolutions in the hope that I may accomplish at least one. Plus, even a few months of good behavior can prevent me from further degeneration.

If it weren’t for my annual fitness goals, I would easily slide backwards into a state of indulgent lethargy. If I didn’t make plans for intellectual pursuits, I’d spend even more time wallowing in the muck of the internet. If I didn’t make a decision to be disciplined, I would waste even more time wandering in a zombie-like trance. For every one step forward, I may take two steps back. But if I gave up on the forward steps, imagine how much further behind I’d be.

So I sit down to make my New Year’s list. It will be similar to all the other years. I resolve to reform, get up, move forward, grow, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment