streams

streams

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

God Waves Back

Every day, as I run around my neighborhood, I wave as I pass by my friend’s house. I’m never sure if she will be at one of her windows, looking out at the precise time that I happen to be running by. Yet, I wave on the off chance that she is. I can never see into her house so I don’t know if she is waving back. Some days I’m so tired that I wave out of habit, without even turning my head in the direction of her house. 

Sometimes prayer feels like I’m waving at God. I’m not sure if He is paying attention. Yet I pray out of habit in the off chance He’s listening. I can’t tell if He is waving back. I mentioned this to a good friend and here was her answer:

Don't take God for granted...you said you look for God to "wave back" at you. Did your teenage son arrive home safely yesterday from school? Did your husband get home also? Do you have a house that you are able to keep the utilities on, in? Are you able to sit in your jammies past 6:30 in the morning if your heart desires? Look out your window to the east...is the sun rising? HE is holding us all in His hand. It is not God who is distant; it is our short-sightedness. He's waving at every one of us, my faith guarantees it. (SW)

“Those who fear (revere) God gets God’s attention; they can depend on his strength.” (Ps. 147:11 MSG)

When we put our confidence in human knowledge or strength…when we depend on anything other than God, we are being disrespectful to HIM. So today let us count on God and nothing but God.

No comments:

Post a Comment