streams

streams

Friday, April 26, 2013

Our Father Cares

I have a prayer list. Every day I take a few minutes to lift up certain people to God. I feel the need to remind God that these people need healing, peace, guidance, protection, etc. Why?! If God is our Father, wouldn’t He already care enough about all these people?

I rarely have to remind my husband to care for our son. We regularly talk to each other about our child. My husband and I have different expectations and parenting styles, so we try to come to some agreement before we approach our son.

“Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn’t a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we’re in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing. You’re at least decent to your own children. So don’t you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?” (Matt. 7:7-11 MSG)

God, our Father, cares for every person, whether they are on my prayer list or not. Sharing my concerns and desires for these people with God is comforting to me. A single mom once told me how much she misses being able to share her burdens about her children with their father.  Our Father is even more invested in our children, spouses, sisters, brothers, friends, and parents than we are. He doesn’t need daily reminders, but He is eager to share our concerns and give us hints on how to comfort His suffering children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment