streams

streams

Friday, June 21, 2013

Manage This Day

Last week, I wrote down: How shall I manage these next 24 hours so as to maximize God’s investments, to further His vision? This same thought keeps coming back up, bothering me like early morning reflux. I’ve always been deeply convicted by the parable about investments in Matthew, Chapter 25.

 “It’s also like a man going off on an extended trip. He called his servants together and delegated responsibilities. To one he gave five thousand dollars, to another two thousand, to a third one thousand, depending on their abilities. Then he left. Right off, the first servant went to work and doubled his master’s investment. The second did the same. But the man with the single thousand dug a hole and carefully buried his master’s money.” (Matt. 25:14-18 MSG)

I strive to responsibly manage every resource that has been given to me. I try not to squander my time, money, or energy. I feel horrible if I even waste an ounce of food. I have good intentions, but I am also risk-averse. Like the last servant, I am overly cautious with God’s resources.

Every morning, God invests another day in each of us. We are given opportunities depending on our abilities. We are asked to be good managers of this day. I’m embarrassed to admit what I did with yesterday…I pretty much dug a hole and buried it. Yet God, in His infinite kindness, has given me another day. And if I mess this one up as well, He will probably give me another…
God reminds me of a father who gives each of his children money to start businesses. Even though we fail at our daily ventures, our Father does not give up on us. He keeps investing in us, believing in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment