streams

streams

Friday, June 7, 2013

My Time

Jesus was asked to perform a miracle before his public ministry had started. He was at a wedding in Cana, and they had run out of wine. His mother asked him to fix this situation. Jesus responded:

“This isn’t my time. Don’t push me.” (John 2:4 MSG)

I can understand His reluctance to get involved. I doubt that supplying more alcohol to a bunch of inebriated wedding guests was part of the Messiah’s purpose in life. If I were in His place, I wouldn’t want my entry into public life defined by this not-so-wholesome activity either. Yet Jesus stooped to this level and rescued a family from embarrassment.

When I’m faced with a predicament, I have a tendency to bolt. I avoid awkward interactions at all costs. When I’m thrust into these kinds of situations, I feel unprepared, ill-equipped, and unsure. I protest: This isn’t my time. Don’t push me! Yet, I know that God is prepared, equipped, and ready to make miracles happen. So I line up the receptacles to receive His grace. I become like a jar full of water waiting for a miracle. I stay open until Jesus transforms me.

No comments:

Post a Comment