streams

streams

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ownership

Although the manager of a business may oversee the resources of his company, his primary responsibility is to be concerned about whatever is most profitable for his boss. Some managers may act bossy to their subordinates, forgetting that they are merely mid-level employees. After they have been in charge for a while, they may act as if they own the place.

We are called to put God’s interests first, and then to be careful with his resources. We don’t own anything, not even our lives, our talents, our opportunities. We are called to manage these investments in a way that profits the true Owner.

For example, let’s take the gift of today. How shall I manage these next 24 hours so as to maximize God’s investments, to further His vision? I shall have occasions to extend grace, forgive, show compassion, think rationally, show tolerance, encourage others, and to pray. I have the opportunity to express God through my words and actions.

As I do these things, I keep in mind that none of this is for my benefit but for God’s kingdom, His glory, and His honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment