streams

streams

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Overflow

"‘I have taken for my motto, 'Not overwork, but overflow'; and already it has made all the difference in my life.’
There is no effort in overflow. It is quietly irresistible. It is the normal life of omnipotent and ceaseless accomplishment into which Christ invites us today and always." (Streams in the Desert)

Overwork is what I do every day. Like a woman trying to collect water with a hand pump, I exert all my energy trying to meet my needs and those of my loved ones. Some days, no matter how much I strain, it amounts to a mere trickle of water. I’m exhausted and achy.

Overflow—the word reminds me of a fountain; effortless, brimming over, continuously replenished, beautiful, and peaceful.

"You won’t succeed by might or by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Armies." (Zechariah 4:6 MSG)

Thus far, I have tried to make things work by my power and might. I am tired of striving within my limitations. I want an unlimited, uninterrupted, flood of the Holy Spirit coming out of every pore and crack in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment