streams

streams

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Battery Low

“They follow him because they know his voice. (John 10:4 NLT)

Something really weird happened to me recently. I have rechargeable, wireless headphones which give vocal notifications when the battery is low. I use these headphones, mainly during running, to listen to podcasts and sermons. In the middle of a long run, I heard the following through the earpiece: “As the Bible says in Isaiah 40:31...BATTERY LOW.”

Well...this matched the way I was feeling at that moment--tired, drained, discouraged. I could have easily taken this as a sign to stop my run. Luckily, I was very familiar with Isaiah 40:31. It doesn’t say anything about low batteries.In fact, it actually says the opposite:
“Those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31 NLT) 

We can either be misled by lies or led by truth. False messages always have some truth to them, plus, they usually match our feelings. This can give them more credibility than they deserve. Truth is not always pleasant. Often it seems counterintuitive, misaligned with our emotions and desires. In order to recognize the Voice of Truth, we must know God intimately and be very familiar with His words. He alone can give us the wisdom and discernment that we need to follow Him. 

Lord, make me so familiar with Your Voice and Your Word that I know the difference between truth and lies. Bless me with the discernment and strength to follow You.

No comments:

Post a Comment