streams

streams

Monday, March 12, 2018

Obstacles vs. Challenges

“Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate.” (James 1:12 MSG)

I have many reasons to stop running. The one that concerns me most these days is exercise-induced asthma. Most days, I am fine, but some days, my airways constrict to the point where I can’t breathe or speak during running.

I can choose to look at my health issue as an obstacle or a challenge. If viewed as an obstacle, it would give me a reason to quit. Instead, if I can think of it as a challenge to be overcome, it could make me stronger.  I have seen people with severe disabilities who inspire everyone around them. I have also been around individuals who allow self-limiting thoughts to control them. It all depends on our perspective. 

Therefore, I remind myself of the thousands of people who are physically unable to walk, much less run. I thank God for my current physical health and entrust my lungs into His care as I lace up my running shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment