streams

streams

Friday, March 2, 2018

Extra Helpings

“I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will stay with you forever. He is the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God.” (John 14:16 GNT)

A few years ago, I got a letter from my phone company saying I might be eligible for an upgrade on my internet speed. I almost threw it away, thinking it was junk mail. Luckily, I read through it and called the number on the letter for more information. The internet service provider offered to replace my modem and significantly increase my internet speed at no extra cost. I immediately signed up. I shared the good news about this offer with my neighbors, too.

Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to those who trust Him. Do we take the promises in scripture seriously? Or do we treat them like junk mail and carelessly toss them to the side? Let us call on God and ask Him for all the details of His plan. Then let us call all our neighbors and friends and share the good news.

Wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and reverence for the Lord are gifts of the Holy Spirit. When we live in alignment with the Spirit of God, we are filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Who wouldn’t want extra helpings of these virtues?

“Please let there be a double portion of your spirit on me.” (2 Kings 2:9 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment