streams

streams

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Different Gifts

“He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.” (1 Corinthians 12:10 NLT)

I must confess, I have often wished for the gifts I do not possess. I’ve asked God why I cannot feel the Holy Spirit’s presence every time I pray. I want to ‘pray in the Spirit at all times’--but how can I do so when the Spirit doesn’t want to participate? I was complaining to God about this the other day, when I read the following:

“It was to us that God made known his secret by means of his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, even the hidden depths of God's purposes.” (1 Corinthians 2:10 GNT)

When I am meditating on scripture, I sometimes receive inaudible impressions that bring me clarity. I have always felt that this must be the Holy Spirit’s way of making things plain to me. He knows how I learn, so He teaches me through parables, drawing pictures in my mind, connecting the dots from truth to truth. I may not always sense God’s presence when I talk to Him, but I do feel that the Spirit enables me to listen and understand. Perhaps, this is how I am meant to pray in the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment