streams

streams

Monday, March 26, 2018

Choosing to Surrender

“When it was clear that we couldn’t persuade him, we gave up and said, ‘The Lord’s will be done.’” (Acts 21:14 NLT)

It was a season of busyness, and I had been maintaining an unremitting pace of daily activities. I ignored my fatigue and pushed through in the name of diligence. As long as I had any semblance of control, I continued to work my plan. Then, I got injured; everything came to a standstill. When it became clear that I had no other choice, I surrendered to God’s will.

I pride myself on being a good student, but the lessons of surrender have been difficult:
-My ability to influence others is limited. Any results are temporary.
-The delusion of control can be damaging.
-I must relinquish my agenda before I can yield to God.
-I am powerless unless I am empowered by God.
-Absolute trust in God is essential.
-I must wait patiently and confidently. God’s timing may not match my timetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment