streams

streams

Monday, March 19, 2018

Persistent Prayer

“Pray all the time.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 MSG)

Some people say that they can stop communicating with their good friends for months or years and still pick up where they left off. I can’t. I have concentric circles of relationships. The ones closest to me know what is going on with me on a regular basis. I ‘do life’ with these people. They know my thoughts, fears, joys, and struggles. There are no breaks or gaps in these relationships. 

Prayer is the way we relate with to God. This connection has to be constant, with no intermissions. When we ‘do life’ with God, we are praying unceasingly. An atmosphere of reverence surrounds us, and we are saturated in God-consciousness. Our attitude is one of  dependence and thankfulness. We talk unabashedly,  asking the Lord for anything and everything. We wait in expectation and confidence, certain that He will not withhold any good thing from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment