streams

streams

Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Branches

“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5 ESV)

The heart is the center of the human body. The circulatory system consists of many branches that transport blood back and forth to the heart for oxygenation. The aorta branches directly from the heart to supply blood to the rest of the body. If this main artery gets severed, the result is fatal.

Jesus is the main artery that directly connects us to the heart of God who supplies and upholds everything. We are the branches--secondary vessels in the supply chain. As long as we stay connected to Christ, His life blood flows through us.  Severed from Him, we can no longer accomplish our purpose. Everything we do becomes meaningless.

Lord, help me to abide in You, remain intentionally aware of You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment