streams

streams

Thursday, July 16, 2020

A Life Nobly Lived

“Above all, set yourself apart as a model of a life nobly lived.” (Titus 2:7 TPT)


I am always on the lookout for role models who are further along on the pathways I hope to travel. I have found mentors for running, writing, parenting, gardening, learning, relationships, activism, etc. These folks are not experts or celebrities, but everyday people who are just a few steps ahead. If they are too far advanced, I cannot see how they manage the obstacles in their way.  These individuals inspire me to push the parameters of what I imagine is possible. They live what they preach and share their experiences and mistakes. 


I am constantly seeking contemporary, moral role models. The more I know humans, the more I recognize that we are all flawed in some way or another. Yet, there are some among us who strive to live nobly. They go out of their way to do what is right, even when it does not benefit them personally. They examine their own motives and remain honest with themselves. They speak the truth, even when it is unpopular. They treat every human with dignity. Every action is steeped in integrity. Even when surrounded by pollution, their lives reflect their inner purity. They are the shining examples whom I wish to emulate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment