streams

streams

Friday, July 17, 2020

A Redeemed Life

“But as for me, God will redeem my life.” (Psalm 49:15 NLT)


A mortgage is a type of debt on real estate. The origin of the word ‘mortgage’ comes from two old French words--mort which means dead and gage which means pledge or contract. The ‘homeowner’ who has a mortgage is called a borrower, while the bank who provides the loan is called the lender. The title of ownership is transferred to the lender.  Until the final loan payment is made, the home technically belongs to the bank. When all outstanding debt is repaid in full, the mortgage is redeemed


There was a time when I imagined that my life belonged to me. This was a fallacy. I had mortgaged my life to the altar of worldly validation and societal expectation. I made payments diligently; yet, even after years, I still owed more than I could repay on my own. This realization made me turn to God for help. He redeemed my debt and set me free from bondage. Now, I live in the house of the Lord. My life belongs to Him. Everyone I love is under His care. My concerns are His, and His concerns are mine. My loving God has redeemed my soul, saving me from the powers of darkness. Selah.


No comments:

Post a Comment