streams

streams

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Go About Your Business


“And you? Go about your business without fretting or worrying. Relax. When it’s all over, you will be on your feet to receive your reward.” (Daniel 12:13 MSG)

 

My days are filled with activities. I cook, clean, run, read, write, pray, and connect with loved ones. There are days when I am too anxious and exhausted to do much of anything. Yet, I go about my business even when I don’t feel like it. 

 

I often confuse my daily busyness as a business. This is flawed thinking.

 

We are all called to partner with God in His business. This work is done in a higher, often invisible realm. God’s sphere of influence is universal. His holdings are vast. In order to equip us in our work, God gives us His Holy Spirit. The Counselor comes alongside us as we work--explaining, training, and encouraging us. Much of what is going on in the earthly realm is not ours to manage. Everything, however, is within God’s transforming power. Thus, we are instructed not to fret or worry but to peacefully go about our God’s business in complete confidence that He is in control.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment