streams

streams

Monday, February 7, 2022

Wisdom for The Future

 

“Know that [skillful and godly] wisdom is [so very good] for your life and soul; If you find wisdom, then there will be a future and a reward, And your hope and expectation will not be cut off.” (Proverbs 24:14 AMP)

 

I regularly get feedback from readers of this blog saying: “How did you know I needed these words today?” 

 

I write these blog posts several weeks in advance. I send them to a friend who edits them. On Sundays, I schedule all the posts for the week ahead. I am glad it reaches friends and strangers on the day that they need it. The timing is a coincidence...or perhaps a god-incidence.

 

Wisdom is essential for the soul. It is the lifeblood of future hope. Writing down insights is a lot like giving blood. It takes time. There is some discomfort. It can leave you drained and dizzy. Yet the benefits are worth the pain, for you never know who it may help.

 

There are days when my current emotional needs line up with the insights God provided weeks ago. I am as surprised by the timely wisdom as the rest of the readers. It is as if God nudged me to save my own blood before a traumatic surgery so as to transfuse me back with it in my time of need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment