streams

streams

Friday, February 11, 2022

Lord, Can You Hear Me?


“Jesus gazed into heaven and said, ‘Father, thank you that you have heard my prayer, for you listen to every word I speak.’” (John 11:41-42 TPT)

When I am talking to someone on the phone, I like to hear some sort of response every so often. An ‘um-hum’ or ‘ugh’ will do.  Same thing when I’m texting--even an emoji lets me know that my message has been received. When I don’t get any response, I feel ignored. 

 

Jesus was certain that His Father listened. There was no sign or response to His prayer, but Jesus knew His Father. He was confident in God’s nature. He was so sure that he proceeded to raise Lazarus from the dead after this prayer. 

 

I want to know the Father. I want to trust even when there are no encouraging responses or signs of progress.  I want to be confident in God’s nature. I want to be more like Jesus. 

 

Father, I am grateful that You always listen. Help me to be aware of this truth even when I feel insecure. Remind me that You are at work, even when I can’t see the process. Thank You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment