streams

streams

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Faith Filter


“You come at me with sword and spear and battle-ax. I come at you in the name of God-of-the-Angel-Armies.” (1 Samuel 17:45 MSG)

 

I like to take pictures of my dog, natural landscapes, and food that I prepare. My favorite part about taking pictures on my cell phone is the ease of editing. I zoom in, crop, and add filters that enhance the photos. My favorite filter, ‘sunshine’, brightens almost any image and smooths out the shadows. 

 

When the Israelites were battling the Philistines, the soldiers looked at the logistics. The opposition had a giant warrior named Goliath. He wore impenetrable armor. He had huge weapons. David looked at the circumstances differently. He zoomed in, cropped out the peripherals, and added a faith filter. David didn’t diminish the danger. He saw the size of the giant. He noticed the sword, the spear, and the battle-ax. None of this scared him. David knew he would not have to battle the giant on his own strength. He had God on his side. David didn’t let his plight color his faith. Instead, he looked at his circumstances through the filter of faith. 

 

We all face scary giants at some time or another. If we can apply the filter of faith, we are able to gain clarity. God’s light brightens our perspective and minimizes fear. We are not expected to handle anything on our own. For scripture says: “The battle belongs to God.” (1 Samuel 17:47 MSG)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment