streams

streams

Monday, February 28, 2022

Oasis

“Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis. Simply join your life with mine. Learn my ways and you’ll discover that I’m gentle, humble, easy to please. You will find refreshment and rest in me. For all that I require of you will be pleasant and easy to bear.” (Matthew 11:28-30 TPT)

Oases are lush spots with a water source in the middle of a desert. I’ve never seen one in real life, just in movies. The closest I have come to an ‘oasis’ is on an interstate tollway. If you are driving down a tollway in a rural area, you will notice that there are very few rest areas. The best option for food and fuel is one of the roadside ‘oases’ that are part of the tollway system. These convenient rest stops have fast food restaurants, clean bathrooms, stores, weather information, gas stations, ATMs, and free WiFi. But sometimes you end up driving for a long time without seeing one of these oases. If you get impatient and exit prematurely to find some small town with facilities, you will end up driving miles off course. 

Are you a weary traveler looking for rest? 

Jesus says: “Come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis.” 

Don’t fall into the temptation of finding your own way and getting off course. 

Wait for God’s refreshment. 

Lord, I come to You with my burdens and weariness. I will find refreshment in YOUR oasis. I will align my life with Yours. Teach me Your gentle ways. You are easy to please. Let me experience refreshment and rest in You. You won’t lay anything that is too heavy on me. Help me to keep company with You and NOT with evil. Then I will learn to live freely and lightly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment