streams

streams

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

God is Able


“Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for his miraculous power constantly energizes you.” (Ephesians 3:20 TPT)

I was cleaning out a shelf the other day when I found a list I had made years ago. I had typed up about a dozen dreams that I hoped to accomplish. I had to smile as I reviewed the list. Most of my wishes had not come true, yet I did not feel any sense of regret. Some of what I thought was important back then seems no longer relevant. Some things that I imagined I had power over I now realize I can’t control. Some of the items on the list are still in my heart, but I hold them loosely. If and when God wills. 

Now there are a lot of things that were NOT on that list that have greatly enhanced my life. I didn’t even have the imagination to dream of these things back then. I assume the same is true right now. My current desires are most likely uninspired and copied from the culture around me. I am sure that what God has planned is unbelievably more amazing.

Lord, I shall never doubt your mighty power. You work within each of us, accomplishing infinitely more than our wildest imaginations. Your miraculous power running through us is constantly energizing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment