streams

streams

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Trading Junk for Acceptance


“The man replied, ‘It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.’” (Genesis 3:12 NLT)

I tend to cook and eat healthy meals. My diet consists mainly of plant-based, minimally processed, whole foods. I use ingredients and preparation methods that enhance their nutritional value. 

I notice that my family and friends appreciate my cooking more when I serve them meals that are less healthy.  I am not immune to pleasant feedback, so I find myself adding unwholesome ingredients to my recipes when I cook for others. My excuse is that I’m just giving them what they want. I also do not want to be a legalistic food-Pharisee. Each of us has to come to our senses on our own. 

Recently, I have been questioning my motives for this practice. Why would I knowingly cook and serve unhealthy meals to loved ones? 

Am I willing to trade junk for acceptance? 

Like Eve, I have the choice of doing what is right or wrong. My choices may influence those around me, too. Knowingly feeding harmful things to others cannot be good, even though it garners appreciation.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment