streams

streams

Monday, April 23, 2012

Life-Crashers

The Home and Garden channel (HGTV) has a series of shows called Room-crashers, Bath-crashers, etc. The hosts go to home improvement stores and ambush customers who are planning remodeling projects. The host offers to remodel a room in 3 days, free of charge. But there’s a catch. The homeowner has to agree to let the designer do whatever he wants. If a client refuses the offer of a free remodel, the host just moves on to someone else.

As I’m watching this show, I’m thinking to myself… No way would I let some strange guy come into my house and decide what my bathroom is going to look like!

I think I have a similar attitude toward faith. Our Lord has offered to remodel my life, free of charge. (The 3-day parallel wasn’t lost on me either!) He has offered to change my life, if I can hand over control to Him. I’m not so sure I want to do this. What if His design doesn’t suit my taste?

If I relinquish control and trust God, He could rebuild me in ways beyond what I could envision.

“I’m about to rebuild you with stones of turquoise, lay your foundations with sapphires, construct your towers with rubies… You’ll be built solid, grounded in righteousness, far from any trouble,-- nothing to fear.” (Isaiah 54:11-17 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment